Application Notes (4)
- AN-1026: High Speed Differential ADC Driver Design Considerations (pdf, 355 kB)
- AN-935: Designing an ADC Transformer-Coupled Front End (pdf, 363 kB)
- AN-827: A Resonant Approach to Interfacing Amplifiers to Switched-Capacitor ADCs (pdf, 203 kB)
AN-610: The PGA on Sigma-Delta ADCs
(pdf, 152 kB)
The AD7708/AD7718,AD7709,AD7719,AD7782/AD7783 high resolution Sigma-Delta ADCs all feature a Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA)at the input to the Sigma-Delta modulator. This Application Note discusses the use and benefits of this PGA.
Circuit Note (1)
Design Handbooks (2)
- Driving Miss ADC: I’ve been told that ADC inputs can be “unfriendly.” What should I be worried about?
- How come my A/D converter is not able to achieve full scale as the datasheet specifies?
- How Do I Design a Converter Front-end without Compromising the Performance?
- Input Magic—Differential Signals Allow Input Swing to Exceed Supply Voltage
- Must I consider high frequency issues when driving a slow ADC?
- Overrange Flag Indicates Data Validity
- Programmable ADC Input Range Provides System Benefits
- Soft Clipping vs. Hard Clipping
- Why is analog input phase balance so important to my high-speed converter design?
- MT-074: Differential Drivers for Precision ADCs (pdf, 249 kB)
- MT-075: Differential Drivers for High Speed ADCs Overview (pdf, 183 kB)
- MT-090: Sample-and-Hold Amplifiers (pdf, 273 kB)
- MT-228: High Speed ADC Analog Input Interface Considerations (pdf, 712 kB)
Fundamentals of Designing with Analog to Digital Converters
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: an update to The Fundamentals of the Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) webcast, including basic ADC architectures, understanding ADC errors, how to read an ADC data sheet, and how to choose the right ADC. Includes the latest on ADC products and technology.
Demystifying the JESD204B High-speed Data Converter-to-FPGA interface
This webcast will provide an overview of the JESD204 standard from its original version up to the current "B" revision. In addition, common "high-performance metrics" that are associated with high speed serial interfaces such as JESD204 will be described. Topics covered in this webcast will also be useful for applications that use similar high speed serial interfaces.
Webcast: The Latest on Driving ADCs Differentially: Part 2
This is the second of a two-part series addressing how to select the right differential ADC driver for your design. In part one we looked at the basics of driving ADCs, including errors in sampled data systems (such as distortion and noise) ENOB, differential signaling definitions, and advantages of ADC driver architectures. This month we will take these basic concepts and use them to make the driver selection and design driving circuits.
Webcast: Design Considerations for Multi-Channel ADCs
Our ADC expert will explore the important design considerations of multi-channel ADCs, both pro and con. Some tradeoffs of utilizing ADCs with additional on-chip functionality will also be discussed.
Designing Transformer Coupled Front-Ends for High Performance A/D Converters
This Webcast will provide a practical "formula" approach for designing transformer-coupled front-ends for high performance ADC in baseband and super-Nyquist applications.
Driving High Performance ADCs in Communication Applications
In this Webcast, our amplifier expert will review RF versus ADC terminology, provide a basic overview of system budgeting, contrast different ADC driver implementations, and touch on filter design techniques required to meet today's stringent system requirements.
Analog Dialogue (6)
"Rules of the Road" for High-Speed Differential ADC Drivers
(Analog Dialogue, Vol. 43, No. 5, 2009)
Front-End Amplifier and RC Filter Design for a Precision SAR Analog-to-Digital Converter
Analog Dialogue Volume 46 – December 2012
Oversampled ADC and PGA Combine to Provide 127-dB Dynamic Range
by Colm Slattery and Mick McCarthy, Analog Devices, Inc. (Analog Dialogue, Vol. 45, No. 4, 2011)
Transformer-Coupled Front-End for Wideband A/D Converters
by Rob Reeder, Analog Devices, Inc. (Analog Dialogue, Vol 39, April 2005)
Versatile, Low-Power, Precision Single-Ended-to-Differential Converter
(Analog Dialogue, Vol. 46, No. 10, Oct. 2012)
Wideband A/D Converter Front-End Design Considerations: When to Use a Double Transformer Configuration
by Rob Reeder and Ramya Ramachandran (Analog Dialogue, 40-07)