Application Notes (2)
Technical Articles (1)
Seven Steps to Successful Analog-to-Digital Signal Conversion
Understand how to balance gain blocks and noise, and perform noise calculations for proper signal conditioning
Design Handbooks (2)
- How does resistor noise compare to A/D converter's noise?
- Is Noise Figure important from the A/D converter's perspective?
- Why is an input filter necessary when digitizing a baseband signal?
- Why is my A/D converter's anti-aliasing filter showing inadequate spurious and noise rejection?
- With no signal at the input to my ADC, why are the output data bits switching?
- MT-001: Taking the Mystery out of the Infamous Formula, "SNR=6.02N + 1.76dB," and Why You Should Care (pdf, 94 kB)
- MT-003: Understand SINAD, ENOB, SNR, THD, THD + N, and SFDR so You Don't Get Lost in the Noise Floor (pdf, 92 kB)
- MT-004: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Aspects of ADC Input Noise Is No Noise Good Noise? (pdf, 342 kB)
- MT-006: ADC Noise Figure An Often Misunderstood and Misinterpreted Specification (pdf, 86 kB)
Precision basics: How not to be surprised by unexpected error sources
This webcast, co-sponsored by Avnet EM, presents error sources of a few fundamental front end signal conditioning blocks and provides hints for better practices that will save money and speed development time.
Fundamentals of Designing with Analog to Digital Converters
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: an update to The Fundamentals of the Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) webcast, including basic ADC architectures, understanding ADC errors, how to read an ADC data sheet, and how to choose the right ADC. Includes the latest on ADC products and technology.
WEBCAST: Noise Optimization in Sensor Signal Conditioning Circuits (Part I)
This first part of a two-part series will explore the noise topic in detail and provide tips and answers to these types of questions.
Cleaning Up Signals in a Dirty World - Filtering Considerations For Data Converters
We'll explore issues of passive vs. active, analog vs. digital, positioning the filter in the signal chain, design rules of thumb, and limitations of filters and the components used to build them.
WEBCAST: Noise Optimization in Sensor Signal Conditioning Circuits (Part II)
This is the second part of a two-part series that explores the topic of signal noise in detail.
Webcast: Noise Optimization in Sensor Signal Conditioning Circuits, Part III
Expanding upon the material previously presented in "Optimizing Noise in the Sensor Signal Path" Parts I & II, this Webcast addresses some of the specific questions and areas of additional interest, raised by viewers.
Webcast: Simplify and Reduce Active Filter Design Time
In this fast-paced Webcast, our analog experts will take you through the process of designing a low pass and high pass active filter. Filter theory and architecture will be discussed as well as the utilization of design tools and new active filter evaluation boards used to simplify and expedite the design process.
Analog Dialogue (1)
Understanding How Amplifier Noise Contributes to Total Noise in ADC Signal Chains
(Analog Dialogue, Vol. 47, No. 2, Feb. 2013)