Analog Devices’ Versatile 50 Mbps RS-485 Transceiver Series Protects Communication in Harsh Environments
Analog Devices, Inc. today announced the availability of two 50 Mbps RS-485/RS-422 transceivers for use in harsh environments including industrial automation, motor control, military and avionics. The ADM3065E and ADM3066E transceivers combine IEC61000-4-2 Level 4 electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection, high speed data communication, support of 1.8 VIO logic (ADM3066E), and an industrial temperature range all in small space saving packages. These features provide design flexibility while simplifying implementation and improving performance of standard RS-485 communication links. System level IEC ESD threats have discharge levels with much higher peak currents and voltages compared to HBM (Human Body Model) ESD. The ADM306xE’s IEC ESD level protection provides a robust solution for customers operating in industrial environments. With the receiver failsafe, applications are immune to common real world faults such as incorrect wiring which cause opens or shorts. A receiver fail-safe guarantees a known state on the data bus. Glitch free hot swap capability enables error-free data operation when a circuit board is inserted into a powered back-plane to ensure motors are properly controlled, meters correctly read and machinery runs smoothly with valid data. The RS-485 transceivers also comply with several widely used protocols such as Profibus, BACnet and Modbus to support a variety of network topologies.
- View product page and download data sheet: ADM3065E | ADM3066E
- Learn more about RS-485/RS-422 transceivers: http://www.analog.com/en/products/interface-isolation
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/community/interface-isolation
The ADM306xE transceiver series operates with a 3 V to 5.5 V voltage range on VCC. The ADM3066E integrates a VIO logic supply enabling a flexible digital interface capable of operating as low as 1.62 V and allowing direct connection to low power processors and FPGAs that operate at 1.8 V. The entire ADM306xE transceiver series offer IEC61000-4-2 ESD protection provided on the bus pins in addition to receiver short circuit, open circuit, and floating input failsafe protection. Also featured is a high data rate – up to 50 Mbps – required by high speed motor control applications, extended industrial temperature ranges of -40°C to +125°C and connectivity for 128 nodes on the bus.
Pricing and Availability
Part Number Availability Price Each per 1,000 Package Options ADM3065E Now 1.26 8-Lead 3mm x 3mm MSOP
8-Lead Narrow Body SOIC
ADM3066E May 2017 1.28 10-Lead 3mm x 3mm LFCSP
10-Lead 3mm x 3mm MSOP
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
- Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue.html
Editor's Contact Information
- Linda Kincaid