40VIN, 2A Silent Switcher µModule Regulator in 6.25mm × 4mm BGA Package
Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LTM8063, a 40VIN, 2A µModule® step-down regulator in a tiny 6.25mm × 4mm BGA package. The package size is 75% smaller than the existing equivalent product. With two 0805 size capacitors and two 0603 size resistors, the solution is only 70mm2. The Silent Switcher® architecture minimizes EMI emissions, enabling the LTM8063 to pass the CISPR 22 class B EMC standard.
The LTM8063 can deliver 2A (2.5A peak) of continuous output current from 12VIN to 5VOUT at an ambient temperature of 85°C. Its 40V input voltage allows it to safely operate from unregulated or fluctuating 12V to 24V input supplies in noisy environments such as avionics, factory automation and industrial robotics. The output voltage is adjustable with one resistor from 0.8V to 15V. This wide output voltage range provides the versatility of using one product to generate low voltage rails such as I/O and auxiliary voltages of digital ICs and common system bus voltages of 3.3V, 5V and 12V.
The switching frequency can be set by an external single resistor ranging from 200kHz to 2.2MHz or can be synchronized to an external clock. The LTM8063 has four operating modes: Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode, pulse-skipping mode with spread spectrum modulation and external sync mode. The combination of Silent Switcher architecture, wide operating frequency range, and multiple operating modes minimizes the risk of electromagnetic interference, ideal for noise-sensitive signal processing applications including imaging and RF systems.
The LTM8063 operating temperature range is –40°C to 125°C. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $6.95 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM8063.
Summary of Features: LTM8063
- Low Noise Silent Switcher® Architecture
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.2V to 40V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to 15V
- 2A Continuous Output Current, 2.5A Peak
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- External Synchronization
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Tiny, Low Profile 6.25mm × 4mm × 2.22mm RoHS Compliant BGA Package
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com