µModule Power Products with SnPb (TinLead) BGA Packages for Defense, Avionics & Heavy Equipment Industries
MILPITAS, CA - June 15, 2016 - Linear Technology introduces over 53 µModule® (micromodule) power products with SnPb BGA packages, targeting applications where the use of tin-lead soldering is preferred, such as in defense, avionics and heavy equipment industries. A µModule point-of-load regulator with SnPb BGA package simplifies PC board assembly for suppliers in these industries by providing:
- Surface mount vs through-hole PCB assembly.
- Complete, encapsulated DC/DC regulator circuit in one BGA package vs high component-count, unverified discrete solution.
- 100% tested point-of-load regulator solutions vs requiring verification and supervision of discrete circuit point-of-load regulator solutions.
- Simpler cleaning under the µModule BGA package due to higher standoff compared to flat LGA or QFN packages.
- Reflow temperature identical to the other tin-lead components on the PCB vs higher temperature required for point-of-load regulators with Pb-free solder paste.
µModule power products with SnPb BGA packages are offered in four DC/DC converter categories: (1) step-down or buck converters with single and multiple outputs, (2) buck-boost converters, (3) isolated converters, and (4) converters with PMBus digital telemetry with READ and WRITE data capability.
Pb-free (SAC305) versions of these devices and more than 100 µModule products in both BGA and LGA packages are available at www.linear.com/umodule.
SnPb (Tin-Lead) BGA Packages for µModule Power Products
Click Photo for High-Res Image
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson