60V, 7A StepDown µModule Regulator for Driving LEDs, Supercaps, Lasers & Peltiers
Linear Technology introduces the LTM8064, a step-down DC/DC µModule® (power module) regulator with a 6V to 58V (60Vmax) input voltage range and adjustable load current control with ±10% accuracy at 7A. The LTM8064 can be used as a point-of-load step-down regulator operating from 24V, 36V and 48V voltage rails used in communication infrastructure, high end computers, test equipment, automotive, avionics and a wide variety of industrial equipment. In addition, the LTM8064 operates as a constant current source to precisely regulate and control (adjust) the load current up to 7A when sourcing and 9.1A when sinking. Applications requiring precision load current control include Peltier devices for cooling and heating, battery and supercapacitor chargers, LED and laser drivers, and motor and fan controllers.
Housed in a 16mm × 11.9mm × 4.92mm BGA package, the LTM8064 includes DC/DC controller, MOSFETs, inductor and supporting components. Only two resistors, bulk input capacitors and output capacitors are required to complete the design.
The LTM8064 has an adjustable output voltage range of 1.2V to 36V. The switching frequency is adjustable by a single external resistor from 100kHz to 1MHz or it can be synchronized to an external clock from 120kHz to 1MHz.
The LTM8064 is operational from –40°C to 125°C. 1000-piece pricing starts at $16.50 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM8064.
Summary of Features: LTM8064
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 6V to 58V
- 1.2V to 36V Output Voltage
- CVCC: Constant-Voltage, Constant-Current
- 2-Quadrant: Sources & Sinks Output Current
- Parallelable for Increased Output Current, Even from Different Voltage Sources
- Adjustable Output Current Up to 7A When Sourcing or 9.1A When Sinking
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Tiny 16mm × 11.9mm × 4.92mm Surface Mount BGA Package
60V, 7A Step-Down µModule Regulator
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson