Precision Differential Amplifier Drives 20-Bit ADCs Consuming Less than 2mA
Linear Technology introduces the LTC6363, a low power, high precision, fully differential amplifier optimized for driving high performance 16-, 18- and 20-bit SAR and ΔΣ ADCs. Featuring 100µV maximum input offset voltage and 2.9nV/√Hz input-referred voltage noise, the LTC6363 consumes just 19mW on a 10V supply. It can convert single-ended signals to differential outputs or be used in a fully differential manner, settling an 8VP-P differential output step to 18-bit resolution in just 780ns. Four external resistors set the LTC6363 gain. The LT5400 family of highly matched quad resistors can be used to achieve excellent linearity. The LTC6363 is stable whether configured for unity gain, higher gain, or attenuation.
The LTC6363 operates on a 2.8V to 11V supply. Its outputs swing rail-to-rail and a VOCM pin sets the output common mode voltage for optimal matching to the input range of precision 20-bit SAR ADCs such as the LTC2378-20.
The LTC6363 is specified over the –40°C to 85°C and –40°C to 125°C temperature ranges, and is available in MSOP-8 and 2mm × 3mm DFN packages. Prices start at $2.49 each in 1,000 piece quantities. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTC6363.
Summary of Features: LTC6363
- 100µV Max Offset Voltage
- 50nA Max Input Offset Current
- Fast Settling: 780ns to 18-Bit, 8VP-P Output
- 1.9mA Supply Current
- 2.9nV/√Hz Input-Referred Noise
- 2.8V (±1.4V) to 11V (±5.5V) Supply Voltage Range
- Differential Rail-to-Rail Outputs
- Input Common Mode Range Includes Ground
- Low Distortion: 115dB SFDR at 2kHz, 18VP-P
- 500MHz Gain-Bandwidth Product
- 35MHz –3dB Bandwidth
- Low Power Shutdown: 20µA (VS = 3V)
- 8-Lead MSOP & 2mm × 3mm 8-Lead DFN Packages
LTC6363 Drives Differential 20-bit SAR ADCs
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson