80V Synchronous Four Quadrant DC/DC Controller with Bipolar Output Seamlessly Sources or Sinks up to 5A
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8714, an 80V input synchronous PWM four quadrant output DC/DC controller. This device cleanly transitions the output voltage through zero volts with up to 5A sourcing and sinking current capability, regardless of the output voltage polarity, making it ideal for regulating to positive, negative, or zero volts. The bipolar output enables the LT8714 to source or sink current, regardless of the output voltage polarity. Applications include bidirectional current sources, test systems, high power low frequency signal amplification, back body biasing, thermoelectric coolers (TECs) and electronic window tinting.
The LT8714 operates over a 4.5V to 80V input voltage range and produces an output voltage that is dependent on the choice of external components. This device can operate as a power source and as a load irrespective of the voltage polarity. Its rail-to-rail output current monitor and control enables the device to be configured as a current source. The LT8714 features an innovative EN pin function that enables slowly varying input signals. A voltage on the control pin externally sets the output voltage.
The fixed operating frequency, selectable from 100kHz to 750kHz, can be synchronized to an external clock. The LT8714 incorporates a power good output signal to indicate if the output voltage is above or below its target regulation voltage. Current mode control provides excellent line and load regulation. Additional features include overcurrent protection, undervoltage lockout and soft-start.
The LT8714 is available in a 20-lead TSSOP package, priced starting at $3.65 each in 1,000-piece quantities. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8714.
Summary of Features: LT8714
- Seamless Four Quadrant DC/DC Converter
- Bipolar Output Sources or Sinks Current Regardless if Output is Positive or Negative
- Bidirectional Applications
- Synchronous Rectification
- Wide 4.5V to 80V Input Voltage Range
- Rail-to-Rail Output Current Monitor & Control
- Up to 5A Output Current
- Fixed Operating Frequency from 100kHz to 750kHz
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Control Pin Sets Output Voltage
- Forced Continuous or Discontinuous Mode
- 20-Lead TSSOP Package
80V Synchronous Four Quadrant DC/DC Controller
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson