2A, 70V SEPIC/Boost DC/DC Converter with 7µA Quiescent Current
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8494, a current mode, fixed frequency SEPIC/boost DC/DC converter with an internal 2A, 70V switch. Ultralow quiescent current of only 7µA makes the device ideal for always-on automotive or other industrial battery powered systems. The LT8494 starts up from an input voltage range of 2.5V to 32V and once running it operates from inputs from 1V to 60V, making it suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion to automotive inputs. The LT8494 can be configured as a boost, SEPIC or flyback converter. Its switching frequency can be programmed via a single resistor between 250kHz and 1.5MHz, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes. The combination of a thermally enhanced TSSOP-20E or 4mm × 4mm QFN package and tiny externals ensures a very compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8494’s internal, high efficiency 2A/70V switch delivers efficiencies of up to 83% while operating in a SEPIC configuration. A unique design using dual supply pins (VIN and BIAS) enables the device to operate from the most efficient supply, optimizing efficiency over a wide range of conditions. The LT8494 can operate with input supply voltages up to 60V for SEPIC topology and up to 32V, with ride through protection in boost and flyback topologies. Other features include a FMEA tolerant package (TSSOP-20E), power good indicator, programmable soft-start and thermal shutdown protection.
The LT8494 is available in a thermally enhanced TSSOP-20 package. Pricing starts at $2.85 each for 1,000 piece quantities. Industrial temperature (–40°C to 125°C) and high temperature (–40°C to 150°C) grades are also available. All versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8494.
Summary of Features: LT8494
- Wide Input Voltage Range of ∼1V to 60V (2.5V to 32V for Start-Up)
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
- 7µA IQ at 12VIN to 5.0VOUT
- Output Ripple (<10mV Typ.)
- Dual Supply Pins:
- Improves Efficiency
- Reduces Minimum Supply Voltage to ∼1V after Start-Up to Extend Battery Life
- Integrated 2A/70V Power Switch
- Power Good Functional for Input Supply Down to 1.3V
- FMEA Fault Tolerant in TSSOP Package
- Fixed Frequency PWM, SEPIC/Boost/Flyback Topologies
- Programmable Switching Frequency: 250kHz to 1.5MHz
- UVLO Programmable on SWEN Pin
- Soft-Start Programmable with One Capacitor
- 20-Lead TSSOP and 4mm × 4mm QFN Packages
SEPIC/Boost DC/DC Converter
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson