Low-Cost DSP Development Platforms Accelerate Time to Market for Image Sensing and Advanced Audio Applications
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced today two low-cost Blackfin® processor-based development platforms targeting demanding ultra-low-power, real-time applications for image sensing and advanced audio. The Blackfin Low Power Imaging Platform (BLIP) leverages the ADSP-BF707 Blackfin processor as well as Analog Devices’ optimized software libraries for video occupancy sensing. The ADSP-BF706 EZ-KIT Mini® development platform targets power-sensitive embedded applications from portable audio to sound processing and effects. Both platforms include a license for ADI’s latest CrossCore® Embedded Studio development tools and all hardware for real-time debug and development.
- Download BLIP user manual and order boards: http://www.analog.com/BLIP
- Download EZ-Kit Mini user manual and order boards: http://www.analog.com/MINI
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, and online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/community/dsp
BLIP ADSP-BF707 Development Platform
The BLIP ADSP-BF707 is a small-form-factor development platform that offers end equipment manufacturers multiple functional profiles covering intelligent motion sensing, people counting, vehicle detection, and face detection use cases. The BLIP ADSP-BF707 platform includes an intuitive configuration GUI and enables real-time analysis of captured video, as well as video output/display through an on-board USB port. This makes it a highly valuable tool for product development and accelerating time to market. Additional key features include:
- Advanced occupancy detection with optimized imaging modules and demos
- ADSP-BF707 Blackfin processor with more than 1-Mbyte of internal SRAM and LPDDR support
- On-board CMOS image sensors from Omnivision and Aptina
- USB powered, complete with ICE-1000 and CrossCore Embedded Studio development tools
ADSP-BF706 EZ-KIT Mini Development Platform
The ADSP-BF706 EZ-KIT Mini development platform offers designers a complete, small-form-factor, low-cost starter platform with on-board, high-quality audio I/O, large internal SRAM and multiple connectivity options including USB. The platform leverages ADI’s optimized development tools and includes DSP Concepts’ graphical-based Audio Weaver® software tool to provide a full-featured audio module library with efficient code generation and profiling. Additional key features include:
- Low-cost, ultra-low-power ADSP-BF706 Blackfin processor with an ADAU1761 audio codec
- Multiple audio project options including use of Audio Weaver® as well as development with the Arduino-compatible interface
- USB powered with on-board debug agent and CrossCore Embedded Studio development tools
Pricing and Availability
Blackfin Low Power Imaging Platform (BLIP) ADZS-BF707-BLIP2 Image Sensing April 2015 $199 ADSP-BF706-EZ-KIT Mini ADZS-BF706-EZMINI Advanced Audio NOW $69
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
All registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/subscribe.html
Editor's Contact Information
- Sarah Shieh