80V Synchronous SEPIC/Inverting/Boost DC/DC Controller Delivers up to 10A Output Current
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8710, our first synchronous SEPIC, inverting, boost and flyback multi-topology DC/DC controller. This synchronous device replaces the output diode with a high efficiency P-channel MOSFET, increasing efficiency, maximum output current (up to 10A) and eliminating the heat sink typically required in medium to high power applications, making the LT8710 highly versatile for a wide range of power supply designs.
The LT8710 operates over a 4.5V to 80V input voltage range and produces an output voltage that is dependent on the choice of external components. Its rail-to-rail output current monitor and control enables the device to be configured as a current source. The LT8710 features an innovative EN/FBIN pin circuitry for slowly varying input signals and an adjustable undervoltage lockout function. This pin is also used for input voltage regulation to avoid collapsing a high impedance input source such as a solar panel. The LT8710 can be used in a wide range of automotive, battery charging and general purpose applications.
The fixed operating frequency is selectable from 100kHz to 700kHz and can be synchronized to an external clock. Current-mode control provides excellent line and load regulation. The LT8710 is configurable for either forced continuous or pulse skipping operating modes during light load conditions. Additional features include single pin positive or negative output voltage sensing, a flag pin that can be used as a power good indicator or C/10 indication for accurate bulk and battery float voltages, and integrated soft-start circuitry.
The LT8710 is available in a 20-lead TSSOP package, priced starting at $3.41 each in 1,000-piece quantities. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8710.
Summary of Features: LT8710
- SEPIC, Inverting, Boost & Flyback Topologies
- Synchronous Rectification
- Wide 4.5V to 80V Input Voltage Range
- Rail-to-Rail Output Current Monitor & Control
- Input Voltage Regulation for High Impedance Inputs
- C/10 or Power Good Indication Pin
- Forced Continuous or Pulse Skipping Mode
- Fixed Synchronizable Operating Frequency from 100kHz to 700kHz
- Synchronizable to & External Clock
- Avoids the Collapse of a High Impedance Input Supply
- 20-Lead TSSOP Package
80V Multi-Topology Synchronous DC/DC Controller
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson