Precision 50µV Offset Op Amp Operates with 76V Input Range
Linear Technology introduces the LT6016 and LT6017, dual and quad wide input range operational amplifiers. These amplifiers combine high precision with the ruggedness and versatility of LTC’s unique Over-the-Top® architecture. Input offset voltage is 50µV max, input bias current is 5nA, and low frequency noise is 0.5µVP-P making these devices suitable for a wide range of precision industrial, automotive, and instrumentation applications.
Over-the-Top inputs provide true operation well beyond the V+ rail. The LT6016/LT6017 function normally with inputs up to 76V above V– independent of whether V+ is 3V or 50V. Additional fault tolerant features protect the op amps from reverse supply conditions (up to –50V at V+), negative transients (up to –25V at VIN), and forced output voltage with no power supplied (up to 50V at VOUT). This robust architecture is especially useful for applications where the amplifier is at the analog interface to another board, and for high-side and low-side current sensing.
The LT6016 and LT6017 are fully specified over –40°C to 85°C, –40°C to 125°C, and –55°C to 150°C temperature ranges. The dual LT6016 is available in an 8-lead MSOP package, starting at $2.50 each in quantities of 1000. The quad LT6017 is available in a 6mm × 3mm DFN package, starting at $3.96 each in quantities of 1000. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT6016 and www.linear.com/product/LT6017.
Summary of Features: LT6016/LT6017
- Input Common Mode Range: V– to V– + 76V
- VOS: ±50µV (Maximum)
- Low Power: 315µA/Amplifier
- CMRR, PSRR: 126dB
- Gain Bandwidth Product: 3.2MHz
- High Voltage Gain: 1000V/mV
- Reverse Battery Protection to 50V
- No Phase Reversal
- No Supply Sequencing Problems
- Operating Temperature Range: –55°C to 150°C
- High-Side or Low-Side Current Sensing
- Battery/Power Supply Monitoring
- 4mA to 20mA Transmitters
- High Voltage Data Acquisition
- Battery/Portable Instrumentation
Op Amp Provides 50µV Precision with 0V to 76V Input Range
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson