Colleen Cronin ,
Analog Devices Unveils Wide Dynamic Range, Highly Accurate RF Power Detectors
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a world leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications, today introduced two RF power detectors with wide dynamic range and best-in-class accuracy and temperature stability. Designed with ADI’s leading detector expertise, the ADL5903 RF detector is an optimal solution for a variety of high frequency systems requiring accurate measurement of signal power independent of waveform characteristics. The ADL5506 RF detector is a complete subsystem for the measurement of RF signals in a wide range of wireless terminal devices. Both detectors are offered in small packages with low-power operation, making them ideal for designs that are constrained by space or power.
- Download data sheets, order samples and view product pages: http://wcm.corpnt.analog.com/adl5903 and http://wcm.corpnt.analog.com/adl5506
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community http://ez.analog.com/community/rf
ADL5903 Key Features:
- Single-ended input dynamic range of 35 dB, 50 Ω source-compatible
- Accurate RMS-to-DC conversion from 200 MHz to 6 GHz
- Linear in decibels output, scaled 35.5 mV/dB at 900 MHz
- Waveform and modulation independent
ADL5506 Key Features:
- Ripple free linear in dB dynamic range: 45 dBm
- Frequency range from 30 MHz to 4.5 GHz
- Stable linear-in decibel response
- Low power: 3.8mA @ 3 V (with < 1uA in Disable Mode)
Pricing, Availability, Packaging and Complementary Products
Part Number Samples Production Pricing (1Ku quantities) Package ADL5903 Now Now $2.35 8-lead LFCSP ADL5506 Now Now $1.27 6-ball WLCSP
The new RF detectors can be easily designed with a variety of analog-to-digital converters such as the AD7920 and AD7466 to digitize the measurement output, and the ADL5506 works well with the ADL5330 and ADL5331 VGAs for implementation of power control loops.
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Colleen Cronin