Analog Devices Unveils New Industry-Leading Broadband RF Gain Blocks
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a world leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications and RF ICs, today introduced four new RF amplifier gain blocks which ease the design of high dynamic range communications, defense and instrumentation systems. Operating over a frequency range of 30 MHz to 6 GHz, the ADL5544, ADL5545, ADL5610 and ADL5611 RF amplifiers offer the industry’s best combination of linearity, gain and noise figure performance, enabling high performance with low power consumption. These devices complement Analog Devices’ existing family of high performance RF/IF amplifiers by providing additional power vs. performance options and will be showcased at ADI’s booth at the upcoming International Microwave Symposium.
- To download data sheet or order samples, see product pages: http://www.analog.com/adl5544, http://www.analog.com/adl5545, http://www.analog.com/adl5610, http://www.analog.com/adl5611
- Get support at ADI’s EngineerZone™ online support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/rf
The ADL5544, ADL5545, ADL5610 and ADL5611 single-ended RF amplifiers feature excellent OIP3 and P1dB noise figure specifications over a wide frequency range and are internally matched to 50 Ω at the input and output. In addition, they offer bill of materials savings as the only external components required are coupling/decoupling capacitors and a dc bias inductor. The new gain blocks are available in a SOT-89 package, making it easy to drop into any existing design for evaluation, feature an integrated on-chip bias circuit and are Class 1C (+1.5 kV ESD) rated.
ADL5544/ADL5545 Key Features:
- Fixed gain of 17.4 dB (ADL5544) and of 24.1 dB (ADL5545)
- Input/output internally matched to 50 Ω
- Integrated bias control circuit
- OIP3 of 34.9 dBm (ADL5544) and of 36.4 dBm (ADL5545) at 900 MHz
- P1dB of 17.6 dBm (ADL5544) and of 18.1 dBm (ADL5545) at 900 MHz
- Low quiescent current of 56 mA on 5 V
ADL5610/ADL5611 Key Features:
- Fixed gain of 18.4 dB (ADL5610) and 22.1 dB (ADL5611) at 900 MHz
- OIP3 of 38.4 dBm (ADL5610) and 38.5 dBm (ADL5611) at 900 MHz
- P1dB of 20.6 dBm (ADL5610) and 21.0 (ADL5611) at 900 MHz
- Noise figure of 2.1 dB at 900 MHz
- Low quiescent current of 90 mA on 5 V
Availability, Pricing and Complementary Components
Product Sample Availability Full Volume Production Price Each In 1,000 Quantities Packaging ADL5544 Now Now $1.35 SOT-89 ADL5545 Now Now $1.35 SOT-89 ADL5610 Now June $1.99 SOT-89 ADL5611 Now June $1.99 SOT-89
The new RF amplifiers can be easily designed with a variety of ADI’s ICs to form a signal chain from antenna to bits and back. In transmitter designs, the ADL5544 and ADL5545 are well-suited to work with I/Q modulators such as the ADL5385, AD8345, AD8346 and AD8349, as well as the ADL5801 RF mixer. The ADL5610 and ADL5611 are complemented by the ADL5521 low noise amplifier, ADL5801 RF mixer and ADL5380 demodulator.
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
- Subscribe to Analog Dialogue at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue
Editor's Contact Information
- Colleen Cronin