Quad 12-Bit and Single 14-Bit, 180-MSPS D/A Converters Integrate Complex Waveform Generation Function
Analog Devices, Inc. ( ADI), a global leader in high-performance signal processing technology and the data converter market share leader*, today introduced the AD9106 quad-channel, 12-bit, and the AD9102 single-channel, 14-bit, 180-MSPS waveform generators, integrating on-chip static random access memory (SRAM) and direct digital synthesis (DDS) for complex waveform generation. ADI’s new D/A converters generate the high-speed, high-dynamic-range, multichannel complex waveforms required in applications such as ultrasound transducer excitation, medical instrumentation, portable instrumentation, signal generators and arbitrary waveform generators.
The on-chip DDS operates up to 180 MHz with a 24-bit tuning word, allowing 10.8-Hz/LSB (least significant bit) frequency resolution and providing a single frequency output for all D/A converters and independent programmable phase-shift outputs for each D/A converter. Pattern data can include directly generated SRAM-stored waveforms, DDS outputs amplitude-modulated by SRAM, or DDS frequency tuning words from SRAM providing chirp or frequency shift keying (FSK) modulation. An internal pattern-control state machine allows the user to program the pattern period for all D/A converters, the start delay within the pattern period for the signal output on each D/A converter channel, as well as the repetition rate of the pattern. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) is used to configure the digital waveform generator and load patterns into the SRAM.
AD9106/AD9102 D/A Converters Waveform Generator Features:
- On-chip 4,096-word pattern memory
- On-chip DDS with 24-bit tuning word
- Sleep mode power: < 5 mW @ 3.3 V
- Supply voltage: 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- SFDR to Nyquist:
- 86 dBc @ 1 MHz output
- 85 dBc @ 10 MHz output
- Phase noise: −140 dBc/Hz @ 1 kHz offset, 180 MSPS, 8 mA
- Differential current outputs: 8 mA max @ 3.3 V
Pricing, Availability and Complementary Products
Product Sample Availability Production Release Resolution (Bits) Channels Sample Rate (MSPS) Price Each In 1,000 Quantities Packaging AD9106 Now Now 12 4 180 $15.00 32-lead 5x5mm LFCSP AD9102 Now Jan 2013 14 1 180 $12.35 32-lead 5x5mm LFCSP
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Jim Surber