Joe Dussi ,
Analog Devices Introduces the Most Efficient Switching Regulators in Their Class
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications, today introduced the ADP2384 4-A and ADP2386 6-A, 20-V dc-to-dc regulators featuring ultra-high conversion efficiency of greater than 95 percent in a compact 168mm2 solution size. The ADP2384/86 regulators offer a wide input-voltage range of 4.5 V to 20 V and an output range from as low as 0.6 V up to 18 V with 1 percent voltage accuracy. The accurate current limit protection allows the use of smaller inductors, which helps to minimize board space. The ADP2384/86 regulators provide a precision-enable input and a power-good output to allow a simple and reliable start-up sequence.
The ADP2384/86 offer excellent stability and transient response to minimize the output voltage ripple. The switching frequency of the regulators can be synchronized to an external clock to eliminate beat frequencies between regulators. The ADP2384/86 operate over the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and are available in compact 4 mm × 4 mm 24-lead LFCSP packages.
ADP2384/86 dc-to-dc Regulators Key Features
Availability, Pricing and Complementary Components
Product Sample Availability Full Production Price each @ 1k units Packaging ADP2384ACPZN-R7 Now Now $1.74 4 mm × 4 mm 24-lead LFCSP ADP2386ACPZN-R7 Now Now $2.04 4 mm × 4 mm 24-lead LFCSP ADP2384-EVALZ Now Now $60.00 - ADP2386-EVALZ Now Now $60.00 -
- Download data sheet and view product page: ADP2384
- Download data sheet and view product page: ADP2386
- Learn more about ADI’s DC-to-DC Regulators
- View discussions and FAQs on Analog Devices’ power management products on Engineer Zone™, an online technical support community
- Download new Power product catalog
- Peak efficiency up to 95 percent with efficiency profile optimized for low duty-cycle operation
- Wide input-voltage range of 4.5 V to 20 V
- Output voltage is adjustable from 0.6 V to 90 percent of input voltage
- Accurate current limit protection reduces the size of external inductor and overall solution size
- Synchronization input to minimize input ripple current and reduce input filter design
- Precision enable input and power-good output provide a simple and reliable start-up sequence
- ADP2384 and ADP2386 are pin-to-pin compatible with each other
- Compact solution size: 168 mm2 (14 mm ×12 mm)
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Joe Dussi