Analog Devices Releases Graphical Audio Development Tool for SHARC® Processors
SigmaStudio™ for SHARC® processors provides a free software download and optimized, production ready code for the pro-audio, consumer and automotive audio markets.Oct 24 2012 - Norwood, MA
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications, today introduced the SigmaStudio™ for SHARC® graphical development tool for audio applications. Based on ADI’s award-winning SigmaStudio for SigmaDSP® digital signal processor tool, the SigmaStudio for SHARC tool is a programming, development and real-time tuning software environment that enables developers to graphically design and program audio applications for SHARC processors using an extensive, optimized library of more than 100 pre-built audio algorithms. The SigmaStudio for SHARC tool supports both block and sample processing and enables a variety of functions such as filtering, mixing, decoding and dynamics processing, as well as basic low-level DSP functions and control blocks on multiple audio channels.
The new tool allows audio engineers to wire together familiar audio processing blocks in a schematic-like layout, while a compiler generates DSP-ready code and a “control surface” for setting and tuning all parameters in real time, directly on the production system. The SigmaStudio for SHARC tool is powerful enough to satisfy the demands of experienced DSP engineers, while allowing audio developers with little or no DSP code writing experience to easily implement a SHARC audio processor in their design.
The SigmaStudio for SHARC tool is available as a free software download and requires a Windows PC, CrossCore® Embedded Studio IDE, a supported SHARC EZ-Kit and USB adaptor cables.
“Running exclusively under our new CrossCore® Embedded Studio IDE, SigmaStudio for SHARC puts extensive, optimized programming tools directly in the hands of audio designers,” said David Lannigan, director, Software and Tools Engineering, Processor and DSP Products Group , Analog Devices. “It gives audio engineers the ability to easily program not only basic audio functions, but also incorporate third-party plug-ins and sophisticated, custom algorithms. Designers using Sigma Studio for SHARC now have the flexibility to try multiple solutions in the same time it previously took to program a single function.”
“With SigmaStudio for SHARC, we now have real-time capability for ‘tuning’ DSP parameter settings of our AstoundSound® technology for ADI’s SHARC processors,” said Jerry Mahabub, CEO of GenAudio, Inc. “Our audio engineers are able to use SigmaStudio directly to create ‘pre-sets,’ dramatically reducing our licensing partners’ time to market and significantly reducing non-recurring engineering expenses over traditional software development solutions.”
- For more information on the Sigma Studio for SHARC tool, visit: http://www.analog.com/ss4SHARC
- For more information on SHARC processors, visit: http://www.analog.com/sharc
- For additional support, connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/dsp/sigmadsp
- For more information on ADI’s digital signal processors, visit: http://www.analog.com/en/processors-dsp/products/index.html
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Bartow