Doug Bartow ,
Analog Devices Introduces Industry’s Fastest and Most Power Efficient 300 meter UTP Cable Equalizer for Analog Video Distribution
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications, today introduced an integrated triple differential receiver and adjustable cable equalizer with the industry’s highest equalized bandwidth at 300 meters and the lowest power consumption. Designed for use in high-resolution analog video distribution systems, the AD8122 provides 60 MHz of equalized bandwidth, with a low 16-mV rms noise and a short settling time of only 70 ns to 1% at the maximum cable length of 300 meters. The high speed and fast settling time enable UXGA and 1080p video to be transmitted over long distances while maintaining excellent image sharpness and clarity. This high performance is achieved while consuming only 0.93 W, allowing the AD8122 to draw 13 percent less power than the nearest competitor. Applications for this high-performance cable equalizer include KVM (keyboard-video-mouse), digital signage and professional video projection/distribution.
AD8122 Key Features and Benefits
Pricing, Availability and Complementary Products
Samples and evaluation boards are currently available. To order, go to http://www.analog.com/AD8122.
Part No. Availability Package Temp Range Pricing AD8122 Now 40-lead LFCSP - 40°C to +85°C $9.90 (at 1K units)
Complementary components include ADI’s AD8120 video delay line and AD8146/7/8 triple differential drivers for implementing a high-performance analog video over Cat-5 cable extender system. Find additional analog video products at http://www.analog.com/en/specialty-amplifiers/video-ampsbuffersfilters/products/index.html
- View the AD8122 product page to order samples and download the data sheet
- Access the Circuits from the Lab™ reference circuit and learn how to design a complete end-to-end video extender system based on the AD8122 http://www.analog.com/CN0275
- Watch a video on the features and performance of the AD8122 cable equalizer
- Get support at ADI’s EngineerZone™ online technical support community
- High speed with fast settling provides excellent image sharpness and clarity
- Integrated adjustable low pass filter (LPF) minimizes board space and reduces design time needed to optimize image quality
- Equalization for both Cat-5 and coaxial cables
- Compatible with RGB and VGA display resolutions up to UXGA and 1080p
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Bartow