36-V, 1-A Step-down Synchronous Regulator Simplifies Intermediate Power Bus and Point-Of-Load Power Designs
ADI’s ADP2441switching regulator has wide input range and integrated low on-resistance power switches to provide compact point-of-load design and power conversion efficiency of more than 94 percent.Jul 17 2012 - Norwood, MA
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications, today introduced the ADP2441, DC-to-DC switching regulator, the most recent in ADI’s growing portfolio of integrated power management switching regulators. The new 36-V, 1-A (amp) step-down regulator integrates both low-on-resistance, high-side and low-side power switches to provide compact point-of-load design and offers more than 94 percent efficiency. Under light load conditions, the ADP2441 will automatically operate in PSM (pulse-skip mode) to reduce switching losses and improve energy efficiency.
The ADP2441 supports a wide input range from 4.5 V to 36 V to accommodate a diversity of point-of-load applications including industrial and communication equipment and healthcare electronics. Output voltage is adjustable from 0.6 V to 90 percent of input voltage. The new regulator also offers low minimum on-time of 50 ns (nano seconds) saving valuable board space and cost through its suitability for single-stage, high input to low output power conversion.
By using a current-mode constant frequency PWM (pulse-width modulation) control scheme, the ADP2441 offers excellent stability and transient response to minimize the output voltage ripple. The switching frequency of the regulator can be adjusted from 300 kHz to 1 MHz. The new regulator also offers precision enable, voltage tracking and power-good features to enable a simple and reliable start-up sequence. System reliability and protection are enhanced further through over-current protection, under-voltage lockout and thermal shutdown. The ADP2441 operates over the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and is available in compact 3 mm × 3 mm 12-lead LFCSP package. Analog Devices’ integrated power management switching regulators are also supported by the ADIsimPower™ design tools, which makes selecting components, simulating power supply performance and building evaluation circuits easy and fast.
ADP2441 Synchronous Regulator Key Features
Availability and Pricing
Product Sample Availability Full Production Price each @ 1k units Packaging ADP2441 Now Now $1.78 3 mm × 3 mm 12 lead LFCSP ADP2441-EVALZ Now Now $60.00
- Download data sheets and view product page: http://www.analog.com/ADP2441
- Learn more about ADI’s DC-to-DC regulators: http://www.analog.com/en/power-management/switching-regulators-integrated-fet-switches/products/index.html
- View discussions and FAQs on Analog Devices’ Power Management products on Engineer Zone ™, an online technical support community
- Wide input voltage range up of 4.5 V to 36 V supports a diverse range of point-of-load applications
- Peak efficiency up to 94 percent improves system-power efficiency and reduces thermal dissipation
- Low minimum on time of 50 ns supports high input voltage to low output voltage conversion
- Automatic power-saving mode at light load
- Output voltage is adjustable to 0.6V with ±1% accuracy
- Precision-enable input, voltage tracking input and power-good feature
- Adjustable switching frequency from 300 kHz to 1 MHz
- Supported by ADIsimPower design tools
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Joe Dussi