Joe Dussi ,
Analog Devices’ Multipoint LVDS Transceivers Deliver Industry’s Highest ESD Protection for High-speed, Multi-node Applications
ADN469xE series of multipoint LVDS transceivers offer 8 kV IEC ESD protection and connect up to 32 high-speed nodes, delivering greater reliability and performance in communications and industrial applications.
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications, today introduced a series of multipoint, low-voltage, differential signaling (M-LVDS) transceivers with the highest ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection of any multipoint LVDS transceivers. The ADN469xE M-LVDS series includes eight transceivers, each of which is capable of connecting 32 data/clock nodes using a single differential cable pair at data rates of 100 Mbps or 200 Mbps. Traditional LVDS communication links, by comparison, must use 32 separate point-to-point nodes, which significantly increases power, connector size, cabling costs and total board space. ADI’s ADN469xE M-LVDS series delivers 8 kV IEC ESD protection, offering up to 11 times the protection of competing M-LVDS transceivers. This higher level of protection improves the reliability of insertable/removable boards and cards used in wireless base station and networking infrastructure, data acquisition, automated test equipment and other high-speed, highly networked backplane and cable applications.
Available in half- and full-duplex versions, ADI’s ADN469xE transceivers are fully compliant with the TIA/EIA-899 M-LVDS standard. The new transceivers are available in configurations that include:
ADN469xE M-LVDS Transceiver Series Key Features
Availability and Pricing
Product Full Production Receiver Data Rate(Mbps) Duplex Price per 1k units SOIC Packaging ADN4690E Now Type 1 100 Half $1.05 8-lead ADN4691E Now Type 1 200 Half $1.15 8-lead ADN4692E Now Type 1 100 Full $1.05 14-lead ADN4693E Now Type 1 200 Full $1.15 14-lead ADN4694E Now Type 2 100 Half $1.05 8-lead ADN4695E Now Type 2 100 Full $1.05 14-lead ADN4696E Now Type 2 200 Half $1.15 8-lead ADN4697E Now Type 2 200 Full $1.15 14-lead EVAL-ADN469XEHDEBZ Now Half $75.00 EVAL-ADN469XEFDEBZ Now Full $75.00
- View more information, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/MLVDS
- View discussions and FAQs on Analog Devices’ interface and digital isolation products on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/interface-isolation
- ADN4691E/ADN4693E : Type 1 receivers with 200 Mbps data rates include symmetrical input threshold voltage and are designed to improve clock timing performance
- ADN4696E/ADN4697E: Type 2 receivers with 200 Mbps data rates are designed for data applications and feature a receiver-input threshold voltage offset of –100 mV. This ensures a known receiver output state when the bus is idle (bus-idle fail-safe) or the bus inputs are open (open-circuit fail-safe).
- TIA-EIA 899-compliant
- ESD protection: 15 kV HBM, 8 kV IEC61000-4-2 contact discharge
- -1 V to 3.4 V common mode range
- Enhanced PSRR (for system jitter performance)
- Enhanced differential noise rejection on receiver input
- Temperature range: –40˚C to 85˚C
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Joe Dussi