Industry’s First Half Watt RF Driver Amplifier with Dynamically Adjustable Bias and Extended Temperature Range
To meet the needs of today’s radio and RF communication equipment designers, Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today introduced the ADL5324 half-Watt RF driver amplifier. When compared to other RF driver amplifiers, the ADL5324 offers superior power efficiency and temperature tolerance. The ADL5324 operates over a wide temperature range (-40° C to +105° C), and can be biased to operate on less power. In addition, the ADL5324 features dynamically adjustable bias which allows RF designers to set the driver’s power consumption to the performance needs of the system, without the need for a bias resistor. The ADL5324 RF driver amplifier is well-suited for wired and wireless applications including cellular infrastructure, industrial, science, and medical (ISM) band power amplifiers, and defense and instrumentation equipment.
ADL5324 Half-Watt RF Driver Amplifier Key Features:
Pricing, Availability and Complementary Products
Product Sample Availability Full Production Price Each In 1,000 Quantities Packaging ADL5324 Now Now $3.35 3-Lead SOT-89
The ADL5324 RF amplifier is well suited to drive RF output signals from ADI’s broad portfolio of modulators such as the ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704 and RF mixers such as the ADRF6601, ADRF6602, ADRF6603 and ADRF6604.
RF IC Portfolio Covers Entire RF Signal Chain
Using a unique combination of design skills, systems understanding and process technologies, Analog Devices RF ICs and world-leading data converters cover the entire RF signal chain and include industry-leading high-performance discrete RF function blocks as well as highly-integrated multi-functional single-chip RF solutions. These products are also supported by a wide range of free design tools, evaluation boards and other design resources to ease the development of RF systems. For more information, visit: http://www.analog.com/rf .
- Download the ADL5324 datasheet.
- View ADI’s broad portfolio of RF ICs.
- Browse ADI’s RF design tools.
- Get support for RF design on EngineerZone™, ADI’s online technical support community
- Dynamically adjustable bias to tailor driver performance from 3.3-V to 5-V with a variable or fixed supply; no bias resistor needed
- Low power consumption of 62 mA on 3.3 V, up to 133 mA on 5 V, which can be biased anywhere in between these two points
- Operates over a frequency range of 400 MHz to 4000 MHz
- Fully specified for operation over the widest temperature range of -40°C to +105°C
- Best in class performance: OIP3 of 43 dBm, a P1dB of 29 dBm, a gain of 14.6 dB, and a low noise figure of 3.8 dB at 2140 MHz
- Robust ESD rating of Class 2, ± 3 kV
- Available in the SOT-89 package
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.