2A, 42V Boost Converter Now Offered in High Temperature "H" & "MP" Grades
Linear Technology announces the "H-grade" and "MP-grade" versions of the LT3580, a current-mode, fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converter with internal 2A, 42V switch. The device operates from an input voltage range of 2.5V to 32V, making it suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion to automotive inputs. The H-grade version operates with a junction temperature range of –40°C to 150°C, whereas the MP-grade operates with a junction temperature range of –55°C to 125°C. This compares to the E- and I-grade versions' 125°C maximum junction temperature. All electrical specifications are identical for the E, I, H and MP. The H-grade parts are both tested and guaranteed to the junction temperature range of –40°C to 150°C and are ideal for automotive and industrial applications, which are subject to high ambient temperatures. Similarly, the MP-grade parts are tested and guaranteed to the junction temperature range of –55°C to 125°C and are well suited for military and avionics applications, which are subject to both low and high ambient temperatures.
The LT3580 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or an inverting converter. Its switching frequency can be programmed, via a single resistor or synchronized to an external clock, between 200kHz and 2.5MHz, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes and to avoid "noise critical" frequency bands. The combination of an MSOP-8E package and tiny externals ensures a highly compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT3580HMSE and the LT3580MPMSE are available from stock in thermally enhanced MSOP-8E packages. Pricing starts at $2.77 and $8.31 each, respectively, for 1,000-piece quantities. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3580.
Summary of Features: LT3580H LT3580MPH
- Maximum Junction Temperature Range of –40°C to 150°C (H-Grade)
- Maximum Junction Temperature Range of –55°C to 125°C (MP-Grade)
- 2A Internal Power Switch
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Single Feedback Resistor Sets VOUT
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 32V
- Low VCESAT Switch: 300mV at 1.5A (Typical)
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
- Easily Configurable as a Boost or Inverting Converter
- User-Configurable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Tiny 8-Lead MSOP Packages
42V Boost Converter with Wide Operating Temperature
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson