Sub-Microvolt Drift 3.5MHz CMOS Amplifiers Feature 1pA Bias Current and Low Noise
Linear Technology Corporation introduces the LTC6081 and the LTC6082: CMOS Op-Amps that push the limits of precision with 3.5MHz gain-bandwidth and less than 90uV offset over the entire –40°C to +125°C temperature range. Featuring rail-to-rail input and output stages, the dual LTC6081 and quad LTC6082 achieve low frequency noise of just 1.3uVP-P and low input bias current of 1pA max at 25°C, making these amplifiers ideal for precision instrumentation.
The LTC6081 and LTC6082 only consume 330uA per amplifier and offer an optional shutdown feature, allowing the current to be reduced to 0.5uA per amplifier, which provides further savings in battery power. In addition, the amplifiers have an uncompromising gain bandwidth of 3.5MHz and a slew rate of 1V/us. The LTC6081 and LTC6082 offer a CMRR of 105dB and PSSR of 90dB, while the large signal voltage gain of 120dB ensures gain linearity.
"The LTC6081 and LTC6082 rival the best bipolar amplifiers in DC performance while achieving picoampere input bias currents," says Brian Black, Product Marketing Manager. "Combining this precision with an excellent speed-power ratio opens up new possibilities for designers of low-power instrumentation systems."
The LTC6081 dual is offered in the 8-pin MSOP and tiny 3mm × 3mm DFN package. The LTC6082 quad is available in the 16-pin SSOP and 5mm × 3mm DFN packages. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $1.74 each for the LTC6081 dual and $2.97 each for the LTC6082 quad.
Summary of Features: LTC6081 & LTC6082
- Maximum Offset Voltage: 70uV (25°C)
- Maximum Offset Drift: 0.8uV/°C
- Maximum Input Bias: 1pA (25°C) 40pA (TA ≤ 85°C)
- Large Signal Voltage Gain: 120dB typ
- Gain Bandwidth Product: 3.5MHz
- CMRR: 100dB Min
- PSRR: 98dB Min
- 0.1Hz to 10Hz Noise: 1.3uVP-P
- Supply Current: 330uA
- Rail-to-Rail Inputs & Outputs
- Unity Gain Stable
- 2.7V to 5.5V Operation Voltage
- Specified for Operation Over Commercial, Industrial & Extended (–40°C to +125°C) Temperature Ranges
- Dual LTC6081 in 8-Lead MSOP & 10-Lead DFN10 Packages; Quad LTC6082 in 16-Lead SSOP & DFN Packages
Sub-Microvolt Drift, 3.5MHz, CMOS Amplifiers
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson