Colleen Cronin ,
Analog Devices’ 4-GHz PLL Synthesizer Offers Leading Phase Noise Performance
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications and leading provider of RF ICs (radio frequency integrated circuits), today announced the release of a PLL synthesizer that offers leading phase noise performance. An upgrade to the widely used 4-GHz ADF4153 fractional-N PLL, the new, pin- and software-compatible ADF4153A PLL synthesizer facilitates improved integrated phase noise in a variety of applications including communications infrastructure, pulse-Doppler and FMCW (frequency-modulated continuous-wave) radar applications, test and instrumentation equipment, microwave point-to-point systems, PMR (professional mobile radio), VSATs (very small aperture terminals) and aerospace systems. The new PLL is showcased this week at Analog Devices Booth 221.
With an RF bandwidth of 4 GHz, the ADF4153A PLL synthesizer consists of a low-noise digital phase frequency detector (PFD), a precision charge pump, a sigma-delta fractional-N divider and a programmable reference divider. When used together with an external VCO, the ADF4153A PLL can phase lock signals up to 4 GHz and can greatly improve the system integrated phase noise compared to the ADF4153, without requiring any significant board revisions. The ADF4153A displays market leading phase noise figure of merit (FOM) and PLL 1/f noise performance for a sub-100 mW part.
ADF4153A Fractional-N PLL Synthesizer Key Features:
Pricing, Availability and Complementary Products
Product Sample Availability Full Production Price Each In 1,000 Quantities Packaging ADF4153A Now Now $1.81 20-lead LFCSP
- Download ADF4153A data sheet, order samples or evaluation boards.
- View ADI’s complete portfolio of market-leading PLL synthesizers.
- Get support at ADI’s EngineerZone™ technical support community.
- 2.7 V to 3.3 V power supply
- 1.8 V logic compatibility
- PLL phase noise figure of merit: -223 dBc/Hz, an improvement of 3 dB improvement over the ADF4153
- PLL 1/f noise: -121dBc/Hz @ 10kHz offset normalized to 1 GHz RF (7 dB improvement over the ADF4153)
- Separate charge pump supply allows extended tuning voltage (up to 5 V) in 3 V systems
- Programmable modulus and programmable charge pump currents
- Programmable RF output phase
- 3-wire serial interface
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Colleen Cronin