Application Notes (8)
- AN-1177: LVDS and M-LVDS Circuit Implementation Guide (pdf, 586 kB)
- AN-0971: Recommendations for Control of Radiated Emissions with isoPower Devices (pdf, 406 kB)
- AN-913: Isolating I2C Interfaces (pdf, 280 kB)
- AN-825: Power Supply Considerations in iCoupler Isolation Products (pdf, 181 kB)
- AN-793: ESD/Latch-Up Considerations with iCoupler® Isolation Products (pdf, 246 kB)
- AN-770: iCoupler® Isolation in CAN Bus Applications (pdf, 234 kB)
- AN-740: iCoupler® Isolation in RS-232 Applications (pdf, 716 kB)
- AN-727: iCoupler® Isolation in RS-485 Applications (pdf, 282 kB)
Circuit Note (3)
Technical Articles (7)
High Speed Digital Isolators Using Microscale On-Chip Transformers
(pdf, 2717 kB)
By Baoxing Chen, John Wynne, and Ronn Kliger
iCoupler® Products with isoPower™ Technology: Signal and Power Transfer Across Isolation Barrier Using Microtransformers
(pdf, 1306 kB)
By Baoxing Chen
Inside iCoupler® Technology:ADuM347x PWM Controller and Transformer Driver with Quad-Channel Isolators Design Summary
(pdf, 291 kB)
By Flow Zhao, Design Engineer
Micro-Transformers Provide Signal and Power Isolation for Hybrid Electric Vehicles
(pdf, 234 kB)
By Baoxing Chen, Sr. Staff Engineer, Analog Devices, Inc.
- MS-2204: Power Blanking for Increased Accuracy Using isoPower Devices (pdf, 308 kB)
NAppkin Note: Lowering the Power of the ADuM524x
(pdf, 223 kB)
By Mark Cantrell, Senior Applications Engineer
Simplify USB Isolation in Medical Applications
This article discusses various ways of implementing isolation with USB. In particular, a new option, which allows simple, inexpensive isolation of peripheral devices—especially including the D+ and D– lines—increasing the usefulness of USB in medical and industrial applications.
Data Sheets (5)
- ADN4663: Dual, 3 V, CMOS, LVDS High Speed Differential Driver Data Sheet (Rev 0, 02/2009) (pdf, 243 kB)
- ADN4664: Dual, 3 V, CMOS, LVDS Differential Line Receiver Data Sheet (Rev 0, 02/2009) (pdf, 278 kB)
- ADuM3440/ADuM3441/ADuM3442: Quad Channel, High Speed Digital Isolators Data Sheet (Rev D, 02/2012) (pdf, 542 kB)
- ADuM5000: 2.5 kV, Isolated DC-to-DC Converter Datasheet (Rev B, 05/2012) (pdf, 492 kB)
- ADuM5000W: 2.5 kV, Isolated DC-to-DC Converter Data Sheet (Rev 0, 09/2012) (pdf, 296 kB)
Design & Integration Files (1)
CN0256 Design & Integration Files
(zip, 585 kB)
- Bill of Materials
- Gerber Files
- PADS Files
- Assembly Drawing
- Are iCoupler products Pb-free?
- Can I replace an optocoupler with an iCoupler product in an existing design?
- Do iCoupler products have VDE certification for reinforced insulation?
- How do I learn about new iCoupler products?
- How is isolation specified?
- How much isolation can iCoupler products provide?
- What are common applications that use isolation?
- What are optocouplers? What is optical isolation?
- What are some of the distinguishing features of the iCoupler products?
- What are the benefits of iCoupler technology?
- What are the different types of iCoupler products?
- What are transient immunity and common-mode rejection?
- What communications protocols are supported by iCoupler products?
- What is capacitive isolation?
- What is iCoupler technology?
- What is isolation rating?
- What is isolation? Why is it needed?
- What is the difference between basic and double (or reinforced) insulation levels?
- What is the relationship between working voltage and isolation rating?
- What other parameters are important when considering an isolation device?
- What regulatory standards address isolation products?
- What types of technologies have been used to provide isolation?
- With which regulatory standards do iCoupler products comply?
IBIS Models (4)
2008 Medical Solution Profile
(pdf, 126 kB)
High Performance ICs for Medical Imaging, Patient Monitoring, and Instrumentation
- iCoupler Digital Isolators Qualified for Automotive Applications
- isoPower® - Isolated dc-to-dc Power in the smallest Package
Product Selection Guide (1)
- Digital Isolator Product Selection and Resource Guide (pdf, 640 kB)
Solutions Bulletins (1)
Industrial ICs Solutions Bulletin, Volume 10, Issue 8
User Guides (3)
EMI in isoPower® Devices
This in-depth video shows the viewer how to reduce EMI (electromagnetic interference) in isoPower® devices
Solving Isolation Challenges in Power Conversion Applications
This webcast will present solutions to isolation challenges in power conversion applications. Among the topics to be discussed are the limitations of traditional methods of isolation (such as utilization of optocouplers and pulse transformers) vs. more efficient and cost effective solutions that utilize digital isolators. If you are currently using optocouplers and pulse transformers, this is a webcast you should attend.