Application Notes (7)
- AN-713: The Effect of Long-Term Drift on Voltage References (pdf, 237 kB)
- AN-692: Universal Precision Op Amp Evaluation Board (pdf, 621 kB)
- AN-671: Reducing RFI Rectification Errors in In-Amp Circuits (pdf, 208 kB)
- AN-649: Using the Analog Devices Active Filter Design Tool (pdf, 5301 kB)
AN-589: Ways to Optimize the Performance of a Difference Amplifier
(pdf, 115 kB)
This Application Note presents several ways to build and optimize the performance of a discrete difference amplifier. It also recommends amplifiers that will make the overall solution cost/performance competitive with monolithic instrument amplifiers.
AN-245: Instrumentation Amplifiers Solve Unusual Design Problems
(pdf, 543 kB)
Traditionally Considered Only for Transducer-Conditioning Applications, Instrumentation Amplifiers Bring Unique Performance Benefits to a Range of Other Applications as Well.
- AN-244: A User's Guide to I.C. Instrumentation Amplifiers (pdf, 522 kB)
Circuit Note (8)
- CN-0005: Generating a Negative Precision Voltage Reference Without Precision Resistors (pdf, 92 kB)
- CN-0030: AD5390/AD5391/AD5392 Channel Monitor Function (pdf, 82 kB)
- CN-0044: Using the AD8599 Op Amp as an Ultralow Distortion Driver for the AD7995 (pdf, 82 kB)
- CN-0047: Using the AD7328 8-Channel ADC in Applications with Single-Ended Industrial-Level Signals (pdf, 109 kB)
- CN-0099: High Precision, Low Cost Current Sources Using the AD8276 Difference Amplifier and the AD8603 Op Amp (pdf)
- CN-0100: Measuring −48 V High-Side Current Using the AD629 Difference Amplifier, AD8603 Op Amp, AD780 Reference, and AD7453 12-Bit ADC Single-Supply Components (pdf, 108 kB)
- CN-0116: High Voltage, High Precision Current Sensing with Output Level Shifting Using the AD8210 Current Sense Amplifier and the AD8274 Difference Amplifier (pdf, 208 kB)
- CN-0240: Bidirectional Isolated High-Side Current Sense with 270 V Common-Mode Rejection (pdf, 336 kB)
Technical Articles (6)
(doc, 75 kB)
A wide variety of electronic applications, especially those involving very small input signals, require signal paths with very low offset voltage and offset voltage drift over time and temperature.
High-performance Adder Uses Instrumentation Amplifiers
Make an adder circuit using instrumentation amplifiers to increase input impedance.
High-Voltage Monitor Features High Accuracy
... Article is on page 3 of PDF.
(Electronic Design, Ideas for Design, 8/19/2002)
Input Filter Prevents Instrumentation-amp RF-Rectification Errors
by Charles Kitchin, Lew Counts, and Moshe Gerstenhaber, Analog Devices, Inc. (EDN, 11/13/2003)
- MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC (pdf, 327 kB)
- The AD8221 - Setting a New Industry Standard for Instrumentation Amplifiers (pdf, 582 kB)
Aerospace Information (1)
Space Qualified Parts List
(pdf, 93 kB)
This document lists 67 (240+) space level products that are available from Analog Devices. Many of the products listed are state-of-the-art data conversion and signal processing products that were previously only available as commercial or military Class B products. Through our Space Products Group and MIL-PRF-38535 certified Level V (Class S) facility, we are pleased to offer these products to the space marketplace.
Data Sheets (5)
- AD629: High Common-Mode Voltage, Difference Amplifier Data Sheet (Rev C, 04/2011) (pdf, 534 kB)
- AD7453: Pseudo Differential, 555kSPS, 12-Bit ADC in 8-Lead SOT-23 Data Sheet (Rev B, 02/2004) (pdf, 524 kB)
- AD780: 2.5 V/3.0 V High Precision Reference Data Sheet (Rev F, 12/2012) (pdf, 375 kB)
- AD780: Military Data Sheet (Rev MIL, 05/1994)
- AD8603/AD8607/AD8609: Precision Micropower Low Noise CMOS Rail-to-Rail Input/Output Operational Amplifiers Data Sheet (Rev C, 06/2008) (pdf, 451 kB)
Design Calculators (2)
- Voltage Reference Selection & Evaluation Wizard
Voltage Reference Wizard (downloadable)
This Wizard helps you select the most suitable voltage for a use with a data converter. Supply the Wizard with a given data converter; it will provide you with a number of suitable references plus the maximum DC error contributed to your overall system. Or enter the amount of DC error your system can tolerate and find out which of ADI’s reference and data converter pairs will meet your requirement.
Design Handbooks (1)
8- to 18-Bit SAR ADCs ... From the Leader in High Performance Analog
(pdf, 1885 kB)
8- to 18-Bit SAR ADCs with Sample Rates up to 3 MSPS -- The latest additions to ADI’s ADC portfolio offer unrivaled functionality in terms of channel count and power supply voltage, optimal power/speed ratios, and the smallest packages to meet the demands of any data acquisition application, including portable, industrial, medical, wireless, and communications.
- Industrial Applications
- Leading Inside Advertorials: Applying Instrumentation Amplifiers EffectivelyThe Importance of an Input Ground Return (pdf, 121 kB)
- When high performance and low power make the design, ADI converters make the difference.
Recommended Reading (1)
ADI Warns Against Misuse of COTS Integrated Circuits
(pdf, 13 kB)
Invites Customer Participation in Creative Mil/Aero System Solutions
SPICE Models (3)
- AD629 SPICE Macro-Models
- AD780 SPICE Macro-Model
- AD8603 SPICE Macro-Model
- MT-031: Grounding Data Converters and Solving the Mystery of (pdf, 144 kB)
- MT-035: Op Amp Inputs, Outputs, Single-Supply, and Rail-to-Rail Issues (pdf, 115 kB)
- MT-061: Instrumentation Amplifier (In-Amp) Basics (pdf, 125 kB)
- MT-068: Difference and Current Sense Amplifiers (pdf, 244 kB)
- MT-101: Decoupling Techniques (pdf, 954 kB)
Analog Dialogue (1)
Finding the Needle in a Haystack: Measuring small differential voltages in the presence of large common-mode voltages
(Analog Dialogue, Vol. 34, No. 1, January-February, 2000)