The AD5663 requires an external reference voltage to set the output range of the DAC. The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V or midscale (AD5663-1) and remains there until a valid write takes place. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 480 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable, battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 1.25 mW at 5 V, going down to 2.4 μW in power-down mode.
The on-chip precision output amplifier of the AD5663 allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved.
The AD5663 uses a versatile, 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards.
- Dual 16-bit DAC; relative accuracy of ±12 LSBs maximum.
- Available in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP_WD packages.
- Low power; typically consumes 0.6 mW at 3 V and 1.25 mW at 5 V.
- 7 μs maximum settling time.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators