- 2-axis light angle measurement
- Linear response to the angle of incident light
- Integrated visible light blocking optical filter
- No optics required and no need for precise alignment
- Low junction capacitance: 12.7 pF per channel at VR = 0.2 V
- Low reverse dark current: 1.74 pA at VR = 0.2 V (all four channels connected in parallel)
- 8-lead, 2 mm × 3 mm, 0.65 mm height, LFCSP
The ADPD2140 is an optical sensor that measures the angle of incident infrared light. Light angles calculated from the ADPD2140 response are linear to ±5° within an angular field of view of ±35°.
The ADPD2140 has a radiant sensitive area of 0.31 mm2. The low junction capacitance and low dark current of the ADPD2140 allows optimal integration with the ADPD1080 photometric front end. The ADPD2140 can be used with a synchronous infrared light source such as a light emitting diode (LED) to detect user hand movements for gesture recognition. The ADPD2140 requires four photodiode channels. Therefore, use the ADPD1080BCPZ with the ADPD2140.
Packaged in a small, clear mold, 2 mm × 3 mm, 8-lead LFCSP, the ADPD2140 is specified over the −40°C to +85°C operating temperature range.
- Gesture for user interface control in portable devices
- Object location tracking
- Industrial/automation monitoring
- Angle sensing
- Proximity sensing
- Object distance measurement (triangulation)
The EVAL-ADPD2140Z evaluation kit allows users to interface with the ADPD2140 infrared (IR) light angle sensor, collect data from the ADPD2140, and evaluate gesture recognition and triangulation capabilities.
The evaluation kit requires the EVAL-ADPDM3Z evaluation board and the Applications Wavetool, a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides users with low level and high level config-urability, real-time data analysis, and user datagram protocol (UDP) transfer capability, which allows the EVAL-ADPDM3Z evaluation board to interface to a PC. The Applications Wavetool can be downloaded from the EVAL-ADPD2140Z evaluation board product page.
The USB port of the PC powers the EVAL-ADPDM3Z evaluation board and provides power to the EVAL-ADPD2140Z evaluation board. On-board voltage regulators provide voltage supplies for the ADPD2140.
The EVAL-ADPD2140Z evaluation board schematic indicates signal names for easy identification.
Full specifications for the ADPD2140 are available in the ADPD2140 data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when working with the EVAL-ADPD2140Z evaluation board.
- ADPD2140 full configuration
- Register level
- Parameter level
- Graph views
- Time series view
- Gesture recognition view
- Triangulation view
- UDP transfer capability